Saturday 24 October 2015

Restaurant Review - Doolally Taproom

Food: 5/5
VFM: 4/5
Ambience: 5/5
Service: 5/5


doolally taproom reclamation bandra the pretty simple life restaurant review

This place is good fun! I know it's a microbrewery, and I should be talking about the various brews and blends, and how awesome the beer is.

But I'm a teetotaler. So I really have nothing to say in that regard. However, I will make up for it by speaking about the food, the ambience, and the atmosphere.


First, the food.
Now I'll make it clear, we were 7 people so it was more food than I would usually order. We ordered the house fries - served with five dips, of which I liked the herbed cheese the best, followed by the wasabi mayo. I didn't really like the aioli but the others seemed to like it so I suppose it's a matter of taste. The fries were not the freezer fries, but actual thick fries that were almost like wedges. We ordered it when it got over. And then we ordered it again. Thrice. We ordered the house fries three times.

doolally taproom reclamation bandra the pretty simple life restaurant review
house fries

doolally taproom reclamation bandra the pretty simple life restaurant review
five dips with the house fries


We also ordered the blondue! That's beer melted fondue! I am not very sure how beer was involved in the process but hey, it didn't taste like beer, so I'm cool with it. It was so divine and thick, coating the croutons just perfectly. It was out of this world. Ended up eating the sautéed veggies just like that because we tried dipping it in the fondue pot a couple of times but they just stayed inside, holding onto the cheese and refusing to let go.. How could we separate the two? (No, we honestly couldn't. We tried.) So we just ate up the veggies solo. They tasted fine without, if you ask me. I don't have a picture of the fondue pot but you can see the croutons in the pic below. And the lovely house fries too!

doolally taproom reclamation bandra the pretty simple life restaurant review


Next on our list was the pizzettes, which were quite cute. The paneer achari was quite tangy, and I didn't taste the rest but it did get over very quickly, so I can safely assume it was well-liked.
The table also ordered chicken skewers.

doolally taproom reclamation bandra the pretty simple life restaurant review
chicken skewers

Now, the ambience. It has its own charm, really soothing yet lively at the same time! Even the music is set at just the right volume. There's Uno and Jenga and what I totally love - Cards Against Humanity. Oh my, we spent hours playing this, the table next to ours borrowed some cards from us, we did the same from them later. It's so easy to strike up a conversation here. Another table was playing Jenga very loudly. It just works at Doolally. Here, it isn't noise. It doesn't disturb you. It's just fun.

doolally taproom reclamation bandra the pretty simple life restaurant review
cards against humanity!

I really appreciate that it is properly lit, unlike a lot of pubs that often end up looking shady even if they're not. I never understood why pubs and bars are so dimly lit and I love that Doolally isn't. 

This picture below is an adorable little stool which I thought was cute, and so I took a picture - only to find out later that it's an actual keg that they use to transport their beer! They just put a cushion on it to double up as a seat when there are high footfalls.

doolally taproom reclamation bandra the pretty simple life restaurant review


A taproom that a teetotaler would love to visit again, they have captured the attention of someone who isn't even anywhere near their target audience. I will surely go back soon! 

Overall Rating - 4.5/5 

Follow me on Zomato for more reviews, and find me on Instagram and Twitter
 


Doolally Taproom Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...